If you require help promoting your arts or cultural event, workshop, exhibition or opportunity within our Eastern Riverina Arts network, we may be able to help you.
We receive hundreds of requests for assistance in promotion each year. We can’t fulfil all requests but if your promotional materials meet our guidelines it will certainly give you a better chance of getting on our radar, so we can help you.
Social Media & eNews
When sending your information to Eastern Riverina Arts for possible circulation via social media and artEfacts eNews please make sure you include:
- a good clear landscape proportioned or square image in jpeg or png format that is NOT a flyer – include a caption and also appropriate ALT (descriptive text) e.g. An image of a man wearing blue jeans and a white shirt, painting a picture of a black and white cow). Also include image credit if applicable e.g. Photo by Fred Thompkinson.
- 2-3 paragraphs of information
- Date, time & location information
- Any links to booking/tickets
- Links to further information
- Links to your social media
- A link to a Facebook event if you have one
- Any hashtags you want to use – we like #creativeriverina #easternriverinaarts – but you may have your own – using hashtags is a great way to grow your audience on Instagram in particular
- Any tags you want to use – you might like to tag an artist, partner or sponsor/funder e.g. @creatensw @thecadfactory
artEfacts (eNews) is sent out around the middle of each month to our subscribers. Our social media channels are updated at least 3 times a week, usually more.
We aim to post between 5 and 10 Instagram and Facebook posts per week.
DON’T FORGET – Facebook events – you can invite us to be co-hosts which will get your event into our Facebook events page! Facebook events are a must to get into peoples’ feeds.
We may add your news to our website if it is appropriate at the time for us to do so.
Your media release must include:
- Who, why, where and what in the first para
- A quote from a presenter or participant or promoter
- No more than 1 A4 page of information
- Contact details for further information
- A jpeg or png image (that is not a flyer) greater than 500KB and less than 1.MB (note: if you are sending your media release to printed publications use the biggest file size you can, over 1MB is fine). Please incude a caption and ALT (descriptive text) e.g. An image of a main wearing blue jeans and a white shirt, painting a picture of a black and white cow). Also include image credit if applicable e.g. Photo by Fred Thompkinson.
- Spell check, grammar check, punctuation check (! Don’t use exclamation points !) and check all links are working.
- If you are an artist or arts organisation, or a venue – make sure you have a listing on the Creative Riverina website – it’s free.
- If you need local media contacts, please get in touch with us and we can hook you up.
Email ALL submissions to email@example.com
We don’t promise to publish everything, but we will do our very best to help promote your events, workshops, exhibitions and opportunities through our channels.