Eastern Riverina Arts seeks a dynamic and organised person to take charge of a range of administration and project tasks, supporting a growing organisation unlocking new opportunities for artists and creative people in the Riverina region. You’ll work directly with our Executive Director, and be a first point of contact for our stakeholders, taking charge of some of the key services we provide our region’s artists, councils and creative groups.
You’ll be working as part of a committed team who work hard and achieve great results. Eastern Riverina Arts has a strong reputation for delivering collaborative projects that deliver big results to make our region more creative, vibrant and sustainable.
Eastern Riverina Arts is one of 14 Regional Arts Development Organisations across NSW and is funded by the NSW Government through Create NSW and participating local governments in the eastern Riverina region.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: Initially 12 months, and subject to ongoing organisational funding (we are presently funded to end 2024)
REMUNERATION: Starting at $27.00p/h based on experience and qualifications. Includes 10% superannuation and leave loading (based on 4 weeks leave pro rata)
WORKING HOURS: Part-time 15 hours a week. We are open to negotiating a work schedule that suits the right candidate, eg two 7.5hr days or three 5 hr days or some other arrangement by mutual agreement. Additional hours may become available dependent on project funding.
LOCATION: The position will be based in Wagga Wagga, with occasional opportunities to travel around the region to attend events or for professional development.
EMPLOYED BY: Eastern Riverina Arts Inc.
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
WORKS ALONGSIDE: Eastern Riverina Arts Staff
LIAISES WITH: ERA Staff, Artists and Creative workers, staff from other Regional Arts Development Organisations, funding partners, community and cultural groups, volunteers
- Working in accordance with the aims and objectives of Eastern Riverina Arts Inc, the Administration Coordinator will:
- Support and assist the Executive Director with all manner of task from phone calls and errand running to minute taking, correspondence and report writing
- Coordinate, maintain and improve our client databases including our onlinedirectory, Creative Riverina.
- Manage, reconcile and update project budgets, reconcile credit cards, file and process invoicing and supplier payments
- Coordinate the application and assessment process for grant streams including the annual Country Arts Support Program (CASP) including advice and assistance to applicants, and preparation of materials for an assessment panel
- Collect data and assist with the preparation of reporting and acquittals
- Work closely with the other staff and contractors to ensure the appropriate promotion of our projects to stakeholders.
- Assist in the organisation of Eastern Riverina Arts events, meetings, workshops and project tasks including booking venues, travel, catering and marketing tasks
- Assist in the preparation for Board and other reference group meetings, and take minutes of Board meetings
- Work within the policy and procedural framework of Eastern Riverina Arts including usage of the correspondence and contract register, corporate systems and calendars, venue use/hire agreements etc
- Contribute to Workplace Heath & Safety through appropriate risk management activities
- General office house-keeping duties such as weekly waste disposal, kitchen tidiness, office entry cleanliness and removal of debris from the entry, tidiness of shared
- spaces etc
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly self-motivated, to establish and maintain systems and processes in an efficient and effective manner,
- Willingness to work as part of a team in a dynamic work environment, across a variety of projects and deadlines,
- High level of oral and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to provide prompt, professional customer service,
- High levels of digital literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel, calendar management and online applications (we use Asana, Gsuite, Eventbrite and others), and the ability to operate in a Mac environment.
- Significant experience in administrative tasks such as scheduling and calendar management, financial and budget management, maintenance of customer databases and collation of data for project reports and acquittals, and
- Demonstrated understanding of Workplace Health & Safety and Equal Opportunity principles
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience or understanding of basic small business principles including business planning, budgeting and bookkeeping, marketing and risk management,
- Experience within and understanding of the local arts, cultural or creative industries community,
- Ability to work flexible and additional hours and travel around the region,
- Experience updating websites, and
- A current class C driver’s license.
Applications must be received by 5pm 12 July 2021.
Applicants are invited to submit applications that address the Essential Criteria and provide details of relevant experience and training with reference to Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Please provide a copy of your current Curriculum Vitae
Please nominate 2 referees
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Administration Coordinator
Enquiries: Communications@easternriverinaarts.org.au or phone our office on 02 6921 6890